Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nearly done

My last treatment of chemotherapy is tomorrow.  I feel happy, relieved, and ready.  I realize I haven't written in two weeks.  It's been a rough couple of weeks.  The bone pain hit, right on schedule, on Wednesday and knocked me out hard.  On top of that, I was struggling with insomnia.  I tried some Ambien to help it when over the counter remedies didn't help, and I think the Ambien was a bad idea.  I felt dizzy and just off for several days.  Finally on Sunday when I was starting to recover from the bone pain drama, I got a nasty head cold.  I'm still dealing with the symptoms of that (cough, and congested sinuses).

All of the physical effects were really the side story to the last two weeks.  The honest truth is that my attitude was just bad.  I was frustrated and cranky and just done with being "broken".  I hit yet another wall I suppose.  I wanted to get out of the house and play with my baby and not get dizzy every time I stood up.  This weekend couldn't have come quicker.

Gratefully, it was such a wonderful weekend that I forgot completely about my bad attitude and am mentally fortified going in to my final chemo tomorrow.  Saturday started out with a wonderful tea party at Crown and Crumpet to celebrate my dear friend Lindsay's birthday.  We dressed up and had an awesome girly time.

Pinkies up!

Then everyone came back to our house and we had a fabulous summer barbecue! Good friends, good food, good times.  The power even went out at the end of the evening which somehow just added to the fun.  We all got a little goofy and did a lot of laughing.  Today, we joined friends at our friend Matt's mom's house for some poolside relaxation.  Again, it was just a lovely afternoon.  I came home this evening with a smile on my face.

I know I missed a lot this past week not writing, but it was just an honest part of the process.  I'll hopefully be more on it this week with posting but we shall see.  I have lots of help scheduled for the week (gratefully) so I can feel a little bit easier knowing that I may have to check out, especially since it is the last time.  Then I get to focus on vacation (we leave one week from today!), and then Bella's birthday party (can't believe she is almost one!), and then surgery and radiation.  I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel of the whole process, not just chemo.  It feels so good.

So for the last time (yay!) I will ask you to think good thoughts for my chemotherapy treatment.  See the drugs killing any cancer that may still be in my body and leaving me healthy and clean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment