Saturday, June 4, 2011

Challenges continue

I've been fighting some interesting symptoms for the last 24 hours or so.  I think it is actually a reaction to the vicodan that I am taking for the bone pain, but am not sure since I didn't react last time.  Regardless I have not been feeling great since last night.  Today was our friends Russell & Colleen's housewarming party (great job Colleen!) and I rose to the challenge of socializing, but struggled trying to keep a happy, social face going.

I keep the mantra going- three more weeks, two more treatments.  I am so close to being done with this that I can taste it.  If I can just keep my head up through these next couple of weeks, I know I can handle the rest.  So although this bone pain and related symptoms is really kicking my butt, I'm mostly staying positive knowing how soon I'll be done.

In the meantime, if I don't seem like myself, bear with me.  I'm feeling the weight of this these days and it is becoming harder to function "normally".  I want so desperately to talk to my family and friends, and hear about their lives, and participate fully, but the fact of the matter is that I am lucky to just show up these days.  I'm counting on everyone understanding as I slowly approach the end of at least the first part of this process!

No comments:

Post a Comment