Thursday, January 21, 2010

One day at a time...

Despite my best efforts the first trimester suffering continues.  On Tuesday I had some back pain that concerned me since I couldn't alleviate it at all (heat, tylenol, rest, etc- nothing helped).  So I stayed home until I absolutely had to get to work for our orientation.  Then I got a good night's rest and woke up feeling amazing on Wednesday.  I truly felt human and mostly normal!  Well then Wednesday at about 4pm I hit the wall harder than I've hit it yet.  I ended up with a migraine and getting sick.  So here I am on Thursday home from work trying to rest and hopefully feel better.  Certainly better than yesterday but happy to be home on the couch with nothing to think about except what I need to eat (albeit a challenging proposition on the best of days) and what movie I want to watch on demand. =)

I have high hopes that tomorrow and this weekend I will feel good.  I'm understanding that I need to drink more water and am working towards getting more protein in my diet.  I think that is likely an issue as well.  I trust that things will continue to move.

The good news is that we have another ultrasound on Monday and I'm very excited to see baby again.  Although it is unlikely, we might even get a guess at the baby's gender too.  That always makes me feel better knowing how little bean is doing in there.  We're the size of a lemon now (about 3 inches)!

No comments:

Post a Comment