Thursday, January 7, 2010

Finally Public!

Today, I shared the news on Facebook! The cat is out of the bag folks!

I had my second doctors appointment today, which was really a continuation of the first appointment. This time I met with my nurse practitioner (my normal ob/gyn) who asked a few questions and did another ultrasound to check growth and all that good stuff. The baby is definitely growing (see below) and was pretty active! I don't know why but this ultrasound really hit me as the real deal. I feel confident that things are going well and decided that I was ready to share the news.

I'm not sure why the first ultrasound didn't do it, but I guess I just felt so totally overwhelmed that it was all surreal. Today I walked out of my appointment with a weight lifted off and a smile on my face. I think it helped that all of my tests have been normal thus far, my weight is a couple pounds down (nothing to worry about- totally normal and probably good for me), and my blood pressure is even down to a really great level!

So work knows, the family knows, and now the whole facebook world knows! It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. On to fun things like emptying the storage room so that we can turn it into a nursery, and start thinking about registering!!! (Have I mentioned what a daunting task that is!?!?)

As I said, I am ready to take it on with a smile on my face. At least until my hormones make me cry again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment