Monday, January 11, 2010

3 months and counting!

Tomorrow I am officially 12 weeks along, which in my book means I can say I'm three months. =) Still, since the medical world has lied to us for all of these years, and in fact pregnancy is 40 weeks (or 10 months) and not in fact 9 months as we all have believed, my first trimester has a couple more weeks to go.

All the same I am looking forward to being in a new phase of this process very soon. I look forward to feeling the baby (probably not for awhile, but all the same!) and hopefully losing this exhausted, nauseous feeling.

The last couple of days I've discovered that I truly need to eat every 1-2 hours or I will start to feel ill. I don't need much, but it is pretty demanding. The challenge is when you are starting to feel the nausea come on, nothing sounds edible. So then you have to figure out what you can cram down your throat, despite the fact that the mere thought makes you want to gag. Today my challenge is to avoid getting to that point. A few more hours at work and I think I can call it a successful day.

On another note, Nick and I put in several hours this weekend- Nick cleaning and I shopped and cooked- so now our house actually feels semi normal again. I know that when I get home tonight I don't have to think too hard about what to eat for dinner, and can enjoy some homemade food instead of take out.

Let me tell you, after a couple of weeks of eating nothing but take out- I was THRILLED to eat a home cooked meal last night. Even better, I actually cooked it without wanting to vomit as a result of the smells.

Our N/T ultra sound is scheduled for the 25th. After that the only interesting doctor’s appointment left will be the "big" ultrasound in the end of February when we find out the gender. I admit, I'm having boy thoughts, but we shall see. Any ideas out there for boy names? We're struggling a little with that one!

On a totally different note a coworker of mine gave birth to her baby girl on Friday a full MONTH early! Poor thing didn't even get to have her baby shower (it was scheduled for Saturday!). Fortunately baby and mommy are fine, but it certainly made me realize that anything is possible and I better start getting my business in order! I somehow don't think that will be me (I am fairly certain I will be delivering in early August myself), but I guess you just never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment