Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hopeful!



Today I woke up feeling like I'd actually enjoyed a relatively normal night’s sleep! Still not jumping out of bed full of energy, but lets face it, I'm not normally that way! =) On top of that I didn't feel particularly queasy this morning either. I needed to eat pretty quickly as I felt the nausea creeping in, but nothing terrible or unmanageable. So today I feel hopeful that maybe, just maybe, when I reach the end of this trimester (13 weeks and 3 days which is exactly one week from tomorrow) I will feel mostly like myself again!

On another note, I shared a slightly irrational fear with Nick last night. I was reading in my week by week pregnancy book about weeks 12 and 13 last night. One of the things they said is that the baby is developing distinct genitalia currently. I have my NT ultrasound scheduled for January 25th, which will be the end of week 14, entering week 15. Officially it is too early for them to be able to tell the sex, but there is a very high possibility that we would be able to tell. Well Nick is currently scheduled for jury duty that day, so there is a strong possibility that he won't be able to join me for this ultrasound.

I know it is silly, but I am worried that I will find out the sex and Nick won't be there! He told me last night that he will be okay if that happens. All the same, it is something I would like to share with him. So fingers crossed that Nick will be excused from Jury Duty, and that if he isn't, all we see that day is a healthy active baby! I can wait till February to find out the sex if I'm by myself. =)

Next up for us- figuring out this whole registry business and thinking about the nursery! Nick has kindly said he'll research cribs, strollers and car seats for us, and I will take care of the rest. Feels like a good distribution of responsibilities! I'm actually sort of excited to go out and actually look at some of these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment