Thursday, January 28, 2010

Next phase?

So today is my second day in a row of feeling relatively normal.  Food doesn't make me gag at just the idea (albeit certain smells still set me off, and I suspect will continue to throughout).  I woke up feeling not exactly well rested, but at least like I had gotten some decent sleep.  Fingers crossed, I am phasing out of the first trimester fun!

I have been keeping a list of questions for my doctor that I will be bringing to my next appointment.  Things about when certain tests are done, what I can expect from the remainder of my appointments, if there is a point where I shouldn't do things like going bowling, etc.  The list seems to be growing quite long, but I figure they are all reasonable questions.  I suspect I might get a giggle or two out of my practitioner with some of my questions but hey, a little extra humor in life is always a good thing!

Other than that there is really nothing new to report.  I'm 14 weeks along and just waiting until the big ultrasound when we can find out the gender.  Then I can really start picking out our big items, designing the nursery and registering for all of the baby stuff we'll be acquiring over the next several months.  I by no means want to go crazy but all those little (and big!) things do add up so we will have to start figuring it all out.  I'm ready for this next phase though.  Ready to start creating an initial identity for the baby, preparing our home for him or her and really ready to start feeling the baby moving inside me.  All in good time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment