Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sharing the news!

Well we are 10 weeks and slowly sharing the news with everyone. Nick's family heard the news on Christmas Eve, and we've been working through our friends since then. I'm still a little nervous telling people since we aren't through the first trimester but I'm feeling good and believe that we're okay to move ahead.

We had our first ultra sound on the 23rd. It went well. We saw the baby (there's only one!) and its heart beat. It was moving around- and actually looked a little like it was doing a jig in there! We did get a picture but it is so dark that I can't scan it in to share.

My next appointment is scheduled for next week (January 7th). I'm not sure if I should expect another ultra sound at that point or not, but if I have one I will definitely make sure to get a picture to share- even if I have to take it on my phone!

We will have our N/T ultra sound on January 25th so we will definitely get a good picture that day. For those of you that don't know, this is a special ultra sound used as a screening test for chromosomal abnormalities (such as Down Syndrome etc).

It is a relief to finally be in the swing with the doctors appointments and having that assurance that things are progressing as expected. The symptoms continue to change daily. The nausea has finally dissipated a little bit though can be brought on quickly with my apparently bionic sense of smell! I've enjoyed having this week off from work to just rest. I think rest is exactly what the doctor ordered for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment