Thursday, December 10, 2009

Growing Challenge

(Get it- growing...??)

Ahem...

Anyhow, =) The challenge of keeping my pregnancy secret at work is becoming more and more difficult. I had to push our doctor's appointment to December 23rd, which means I'm not going to the doctor until I am off for our nearly 2 week holiday break. Which also means if I tell anyone here, it will be before going to the doctor.

And yet, the morning sickness rages on. I thought I had a handle on it, and then quickly discovered I was fooling myself. There does seem to be something to eating regularly, and not eating too much. What this also means is that my stomach acts like it is empty 100% of the time. That means (for me) that eating fruits or vegetables will make me more sick. Protein just sounds disgusting. So here I am left with carbs. It helps but at some point I just can't bear the idea of putting another piece of bread in my mouth. Never thought I would say that!

I stayed home yesterday to catch up on some rest (how easy it is to fall behind these days), and avoid my freezing cold office, and sick co-workers. I also was feeling some raging nausea and didn't feel like trying to explain to my office mates why all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball under my desk.

So today I had resolved myself to go ahead and share with my two other staffers why I am acting like such a pathetic human being, and go figure, they are both home today! So the debate to tell or not to tell, rages on.

No comments:

Post a Comment