Monday, December 14, 2009

Holy Hormones!

It's official, I am the crazy pregnant woman. =)

Last night while watching tv an ad for the new Tim Burton/ Johnny Depp Alice in Wonderland movie came on. This had Nick and I talking about what other crazy psychedelic movies the pair could remake in their odd way. Well Dumbo of course came up (Pink Elephants on Parade??). Nick said how sad it used to make him as a little kid. I said "of course" and then promptly went on to say why it was so sad. And made myself cry in the process.

Yep. I started talking about Dumbo, and managed to make myself cry. Then I started laughing at myself- which only made the situation worse. Laughing and crying all at the same time and still I had no idea how to stop!

Alex was over for dinner and he walked in from putting Mia down right in the middle of this strange fit of mine. He just laughed at me and told me it is going to get worse.

God help us all if I get worse. =)

In addition to crying at the drop of a hat, I'm grumpy most of the rest of the time. Today I nearly bit a woman's head off at work because she hadn't taken care of her stuff and expected me to fix it. True I have a history here of such things that makes me extra sensitive (my students and former students must think I sleep under my desk at night and do nothing but serve them 100% of the time). All the same, I had to take a deep breath and re-evaluate how much I really wanted to teach this woman a lesson.

And so I say, Holy Hormones! I hope this levels out a bit at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment