Monday, December 7, 2009

7 Weeks

Well tomorrow I am officially 7 weeks along. The lovely morning sickness decided to kick in this weekend while Nick and I were in Tahoe for his company Christmas party. Lucky for me it is just nausea and not true sickness, but not too fun all the same!

No real changes other than that. Our first appointment has been moved to the 23rd since I have a work obligation on the 17th now. The good news is that I confirmed that we will have an ultrasound at this appointment, and hear the heartbeat with a Doppler. Hopefully that means we'll have one of those fabulous grainy pictures to share with all of you by then.

This of course means we will know just in time for Christmas Eve, which is apparently when Nick plans on telling the family. We have told several of you by now, but still trying to keep the cat in the bag since we are still quite early on.

I am starting to dream babies. I had one dream that we were at our first appointment and the ultrasound showed two babies! Then I had a dream that we had the baby (only one this time) and it was a fully grown probably 6 month old boy. Not sure why I'm skipping the infant phase in my dreams! It will all be very interesting though.

In case you're wondering, yes, we absolutely plan on finding out the sex of the baby. What can I say- I'm a planner. And I believe it is a surprise no matter when you find out. You just have the opportunity to decorate the room better if you know if it is a boy or a girl! =)

So two more weeks and we'll know a lot more!

No comments:

Post a Comment