Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The waiting game

I'm trying very hard these days to not "just wait" for our little man to make his appearance.  Admittedly however, I am getting grumpier and grumpier each day that he doesn't decide to join us.  I've decided it is primarily due to the fact that I am yet again facing down the barrel of the induction gun.  If he doesn't come on his own first, I will be scheduled for induction some time next week.  I really really want to avoid that.  I just believe whole heartedly that if my body gets to do it the old fashioned way, that it will be a quick process.  I've been contracting like crazy for two weeks now.  And I'm not just talking about the contractions that I've been having for months.  These ones are different.  I've decided I'm in prodromal labor, which is a fancy word for "your body is laboring and getting things going, but not kicking into active labor and just means you get to be uncomfortable on and off until this baby decides its time to come."  Yeah, awesome.  Maybe there is something to be said for induction.  True I had a 45 hour induction and that felt like forever, but it might be better than contracting on and off for weeks.  At least I didn't feel desperate to get Bella out of me like I feel this time.  Other than just wanting to avoid induction, I was okay.  I could rest when I wanted, do what I wanted, and wasn't horribly horribly uncomfortable.  Well I was in more constant pain ironically.

So anyhow, there's my (sadly disgruntled) update.  No news.  I go to bed every night hoping my water will break, only to wake up in the morning disappointed that I have another day in front of me that I have to figure out what to do with.  Poor Bella deserves a mommy who can do more than put on another cartoon.  I'm trying, but it is exhausting.  Mommies deserve maternity leave too you know. =)  Here's hoping I'll have some different news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment