Sunday, October 14, 2012

He's Here!

Welcome to the world Giancarlo Luca!  Our little man arrived on Sunday October 14th at 4:23 pm.  He weighed 9 lbs 3 oz and was 21.75 inches long.  I always said I was going to have a 9-9.5 lb baby!  As you may know, we struggled immensely with names and this was honestly not even a semi front runner until one week before he was born, but once I researched it, I discovered it was in fact the perfect name.  One of the issues that I struggled with regarding his name was my desire to have a nod to my family included somewhere.  The only name consistently found on both sides of my family are variations of John/Jack.  I had considered Jack as a middle name, but Nick didn't love it.  Well, Gian is the Italian spelling of John (and Jack is in fact a nickname for John).  So there is my family tie.  Meanwhile Nick wanted to pass down his middle name since it is a family name too.  I didn't love it just like he didn't love Jack.  Well that name is Charles, and Carlo is in fact the Italian version of Charles.  So go figure, we both got what we wanted!  The middle name just flowed with it, and I particularly liked the meaning- light.  I still held out commitment until we saw him, just in case we gave birth to a blond baby (theoretically possible, though unlikely).  Once our handsome dark haired, brown eyed boy was born, we knew it was perfect.  We also have a sweet nickname that I love- Gio.  I will post the full birth story separately.


We love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment