Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Adjusting

Last week was probably the hardest week of my life so far. Bella was definitely going through a growth spurt which meant wanting to eat constantly and zero sleep for me. I admit- Tuesday was not my only breakdown.

I think one of the toughest parts is wanting to do what you believe is "best" for your baby but that is the one thing that is making you lose it. Those "shoulds" will nail you every time.

Any how the last few days have been much better. Nick really stepped up over the weekend after finding me in tears on Friday night. I got some sleep thanks to this and was able to regroup. I'm also back on track with the breastfeeding train. It can still be challenging at times but mentally I have a little more fortitude.

I'm also on track with my healing. I might actually start to be able to create some amount of "normal" for our days. Of course right now all I want to do during the day is sleep when my little sleeping beauty is sleeping. Still trying to listen to my instincts though. So far they seem to be steering me correctly.

So there you have it. The highs and lows continue as I suspect they will for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment