Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blessings

I am feeling very blessed today and wanted to share.  This past weekend I met a new cousin. No, it isn't a new baby... My mom was not raised by her biological father, and never knew him. We always knew that. In 2012 my mom found an older half brother she knew existed from her biological father. He told her she had two more younger half sisters from their father. She met them later that year. It was instant family for them. They both have kids, and so my "new" cousins. I haven't had any opportunity to meet any of this family until this weekend. My cousin Amie is engaged to a Harlem globetrotter and joined him for a weekend here on the west coast. We got to see Nate do his thing on the court (quite a show- you should really check them out, it was so much fun), and most importantly spent two days visiting with Amie. Just as it was for my mom with her sisters, it was instant  family. A reminder of how sweet life can be.

My poor kiddos got run down in the process of no naps and lots of activities so now we are dealing with the aftermath of a cold/flu. But we are all happy despite that. Trying to get well quickly since this weekend is another big one! My niece Mia turns 5 this weekend and is being surprised with a weekend celebration at Disneyland! (If you happen to see her, remember- its a surprise! Don't mention it!)

Just reminders of how blessed I truly am. Life may be challenging, and certainly not what I expected, but even in the dark you can see the stars if you're willing to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment