Monday, July 15, 2013

Far more eloquent than I

I follow a blog called "Scary Mommy". It is often about the "reality" of motherhood- warts and all. The original Scary Mommy posts about half the time, and the other half she brings in guests bloggers. Today's guest blogger really struck a chord with me. She suffers from OCD, anxiety and depression and has since she was a child. I don't have OCD- no rituals that I must follow. However, the anxiety and depression she describes I can very much relate to. Although the fiery crash in my head won't occur because of something I have or haven't done, it's still there taking real estate in my brain.

I've had a number of conversations with friends and family who try to understand me and why I do what I do. This blog puts it far more eloquently than I've been able to so I wanted to share it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment