Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A window in

The last couple of weeks I've been struggling with anxiety. I've
always had varying degrees of anxiety but didn't recognize it as that
until I had my first (?) panic attack after a tree fell on our house.
Following that experience I began to realize that anxiety was very
present in my life, I just hadn't named it previously.

Well now I can recognize it, name it, and sometimes even deal with it.
Which brings me to today. There have been some experiences over the
last couple of months that have played directly into my anxieties weak
spots. It's been building and this morning I realized that its
resulted in generalized anxiety. Things that I would normally be
excited about, or at least not bothered by, are leaving me with a pit
in my stomach and desperately searching for excuses and "a way out".

I keep thinking that some part of me is just too darn sensitive for
this world. That I need to grow a thicker skin. But then that seems
less honest or genuine somehow.

Life goes on either way. I only hope I can feel less anxious and
sensitive about it all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment